LIGHT MODULATOR «RELIEF» (LMR)
The operating principle of the LMR is based on nano-relief creation on the surface of the transparent dielectric layer under an electromagnetic field influence.
The relief recording and erasing time is a few microseconds what is two orders less than the switching time of meso structures of liquid-crystal displays.
The relief height is set to 27 nanometers for green light.
Nano movements provide unique performance and low power consumption of the modulator.
Modulator LMR allows to control light flow of weak and powerful laser and thermal light sources. Due to optically transparent dielectric layer and the nature of the phase modulation, the light passing through the layer is not absorbed, that provides high modulation efficiency. And the light polarization is not required.
THE MAIN PARAMETERS
- ✪ Experimental diffraction efficiency – 98.6 %
- ✪ Switching frequency ~up to 500 kHz
- ✪ Absorption and scattering of light by carrier is negligible
- ✪ Operating temperature range: from -5℃ to +80℃
- ✪ The number of elements in a row (pixels) - 128...2048
- ✪ The average power of the modulated radiation – 3,3 Watt /cm2
- ✪ Peak power of the modulated radiation – 105 Watt /cm2
- ✪ Low cost is similarto the LCD modulator
- ✪ Serial production of the LMR will be comparable to the cost of production of the LCD and the LMR’s functionality surpasses the DMD modulators.
The overall dimensions of the modulator, including electronic circuits, depend on the integration levelof the device.